|I presume you know your audience as well as you know your bestie?
If so, this how to go about generating fabulous content:
Step 1: Write 8 statements that reflect the issues your clients have before working with you
(Example: my clients sit for hours staring at a blank screen trying to create content OR or they clam up & get flustered when asked ‘what do you do?’)
⭐ If you’re feeling stuck here have a look at past testimonials, emails you’ve had from clients and consider what they’re feeling, concerned about, unclear about, tired of, afraid of, or don’t know what to do
Step 2: Create 8 specific statements that reflect the results your clients crave. What do they want to do, know or have?
(Example: my clients want to have a waiting list of people, to be known as ‘the expert in x’ and have the right words and messages to use in their marketing)
⭐ If you’re feeling stuck, consider what they want, what knowledge they’re seeking, what are they searching for on Google and what questions are you always being asked.
Use statement openings like ‘they want to be able to’, ‘know that’, ‘ be clear on’, ‘have the confidence to, ‘create….’
Step 3a: Draw the dots.
Take each of the 8 ‘struggle’ statements and add the word ‘BECAUSE’ in front of each of them, then start free-writing
Here’s my example…
My clients are starting at a blank screen trying to create content BECAUSE
- They’re overthinking. They feel positive & inspired, then their fear brain kicks in – they’re worried about being judged or questioned
- They’re not sure what they think, they haven’t developed their perspective on the work they create or why they do things differently.
- They don’t know much about their audience, what they care about or have issues with.
Once you’ve done the work above take a look at your 8 ‘desire’ statements and add the words ‘HOW TO GO ABOUT’ before each sentence, then free-write.
HOW TO GO ABOUT Attracting the right kind of clients
- Use your existing network and ask for referrals
- Explore partnerships; where else are your ideal clients?
- Talk about your point of view, what you believe in, what p*sses you off
- Talk about how you help get clients from A to B
- Talk about your credentials; what have you already created, what results have you had
Step 4: Get writing/recording!
Now, you have 16 statements (8 struggle & 8 desire) that you’ve fleshed out with bullet points! Use these to draft at least 16 amazing pieces of content; each focused around a specific issue!